Re: "ARPANet Co-Founder Predicts An Internet Crisis" (slashdot)

  • From: Jason Frisvold
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 17:07:06 2007
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=hPQjYoTo1siCebmFHYrRNbH04cZqwenUULM0ApOxWRc=; b=XcogrWu+CNwNorEAnJsG0ihMOo0AwZj0DRd5K6YoLEumTXhhWFDp1mhXx3ZZMRMrZ8uf4cnCN7F0O8pQbfFvSsQu1DQ82I9zSMuMlnl5e435qgsRFU1DMzscIt7I04uDUGcEBcZT8O3chtBwxF/sV/OYMTFcmfp6dwwGJtOz9mg=

On 10/25/07, Paul Vixie <[email protected]> wrote:
> an economic crisis. Of course, Roberts has an agenda. He's now CEO of Anagran
> Inc., which makes a technology called flow-based routing that, Roberts claims,
> will solve all of the world's routing problems in one go."

Anyone have any experience with these Anagran flow routers?  Are they
that much of a departure from traditional routing that it makes a big
difference?  I haven't done a lot of research into flow-based routing
at this point, but it sounds like this would be similar to the MPLS
approach, no?

How about cost per port versus traditional routers from Cisco or
Juniper?  It seems that he cites cost as the main point of contention,
so are these Anagran routers truly less expensive?

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
[email protected]