RE: BitTorrent swarms have a deadly bite on broadband nets

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 15:28:21 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Geo. wrote:

Seems to me a programmer setting a default schedule in an application is far simpler than many of the other suggestions I've seen for solving this problem.

End users do not have any interest in saving ISP upstream bandwidth, their interest is to get as much as they can, when they want/need it. So solving a bandwidth crunch by trying to make end user applications behave in an ISP friendly manner is a concept that doesn't play well with reality.

Congestion should be at the individual customer access, not in the distribution, not at the core.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]