RE: BitTorrent swarms have a deadly bite on broadband nets

  • From: Frank Bulk - iNAME
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 13:45:50 2007

Are you thinking of scavenger on the upload or download?  Because it's just
upload, it's only the subscriber's provider that needs to concern themselves
with their maintaining the tags -- they will do the necessary traffic
engineering to ensure it's not 'damaging' the upstream of their other
subscribers.

If it's download, that's a whole other ball of wax, and not what drove
Comcast to do what they're doing, and not the apparent concern of at least
North American ISPs today.

Frank