Re: Internet infrastructure - recovery planning

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Tue Oct 23 18:38:44 2007

On Oct 23, 2007, at 6:03 PM, Deepak Jain wrote:

I'm sure the day is not too far in the future where we will have to write a citation for ourselves for rebooting a router w/o having filled in a prior REQUEST TO REBOOT (RTR) form with the government.

Or worse, we'll need badges to handle such vital communications activities.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!! (Sorry, someone had to say it. :)

More seriously, I worry about things like this not just 'cause the Gov't is ignorant and incompetent, but because of Jared's second question.

--
TTFN,
patrick

(and understanding why they are treating the Internet so differently than POTS is left to the reader)

Deepak

Jared Mauch wrote:
	Anyone else read this GAO report yet:?
http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d08212t.pdf
	As a service provider were you interviewed
by GAO?  Just curious.
	- Jared