Re: The next broadband killer: advanced operating systems?

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Tue Oct 23 04:52:40 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007, Sam Stickland wrote:

servers. From this little bit of evidence I can blazenly extrpolate to suggest that maximum bandwidth consumption is currently limited to some noticable degree by the lack of widely deployed TCP window size tuning. Links that are currently uncongested might suddenly see a sizable amount of extra traffic.

So, do we think that traffic will have a higher peak due to this (more traffic at peak time compared to low time), or that people will actually transfer more data because they get higher thruput?

I don't see it as natural that people will transfer more data totally because they get higher thruput.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]