Re: Can P2P applications learn to play fair on networks?

  • From: Charles Gucker
  • Date: Mon Oct 22 09:12:49 2007

On 10/22/07, Alexander Harrowell <[email protected]> wrote:

> >MSO's typically understand this as eyeball heavy content
> >retrieval, not content generation
>
> I was under the impression Comcast advertised Internet access, which
> is read/write. Clearly I was mistaken...

     This is correct, MSO's offer residential user services for
~50$/month (or whatever the package special would be).   They do offer
commercial grade services which is built on the same fiber, but bypass
the HFC plant, much like the other MSO's in the industry.    Just
don't expect that service to be comparable in price to the residential
users.

charles