Re: Can P2P applications learn to play fair on networks?

  • From: Geo.
  • Date: Mon Oct 22 06:26:26 2007

In the absence of the P2P applications, the limits were fine, so hurting the P2P
application may be a preferable solution to the ISP charging everyone more
to support the excessive bandwidth usage of the 2-3% of subscribers who use
P2P applications,

I'd like to know where you get the 2-3% numbers? I mean the RIAA is sueing single mothers and children so it sure looks to me like it's likely way more than 2-3% of users running P2P apps at least some of the time.

Geo.