Re: Comcast blocking p2p uploads

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Sat Oct 20 19:23:29 2007

In a message written on Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 03:21:09PM -0400, Joe Provo wrote:
> Content is irrelevent.  BT is a protocol-person's dream and an ISP
> nightmare. The bulk of the slim profit margin exists in taking
> advantage of stat-mux oversubscription. BT blows that out of the
> water.

I'm a bit confused by your statement.  Are you saying it's more
cost effective for ISP's to carry downloads thousands of miles
across the US before giving them to the end user than it is to allow
a local end user to "upload" them to other local end users?

Is this only a biproduct of the centralized downloads being throttled
by thousands of miles of network, and/or a single centralized server?

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org