Re: Comcast blocking p2p uploads

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Sat Oct 20 04:17:49 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/technology/AP-Comcast-Data-Discrimination.html

I cannot access relevant pages on www.comcast.com due to me not being in the US (or rather, they require an address first), could anyone please paste or other way supply the wording/text they use in their fineprint, to allow them contractually to disrupt customer TCP session in other way than delaying or dropping the packets (which I guess is accepted industry standard).

Sending/spoofing RST on certain customer TCP sessions doesn't qualify as normal network behaviour in my mind, so would be interesting to hear how they word it legally.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]