Re: Some thoughts on 240/4

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Fri Oct 19 13:10:10 2007

In a message written on Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:24:44PM -0400, [email protected] wrote:
> > Why would the 240/4 updates blow the schedule?
>
> More code, more regression testing, same number of programmers.  Do the math.

Less code, every patch produced to date /removes/ code.

More regression testing, same number of programmes, ok.

> Take it as a given that it *will* slip the schedule some amount, because
> the resources for a 240/4 feature will have to come from somewhere.  So
> how much slippage are you willing to accept?

Ok, I'll accept a month slippage in IPv6 "features".  (What are we still
waiting on, anyway?)

I also believe that's also about 29 more days than most vendors
should need to do the job.

--
       Leo Bicknell - [email protected] - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - [email protected], www.tmbg.org