Re: Some thoughts on 240/4

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Oct 19 11:24:13 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:00:02 EDT, Leo Bicknell said:

> devices have been fixed, or we may find 5%.  The problem is we
> neither know the timeframe in which we need it, nor do we know how
> fast vendors can get it fixed.

OK, everybody who thinks 240/4 is a Good Idea:

How much ship date slip for the IPv6 features you need are you willing to
accept when 240/4 updates blow the schedule?

You can have all the IPv6 features you asked for on date X, or you can have
it all plus 240/4 on date <X+N days>.  What value of N are you willing to
accept?