Re: How to Handle ISPs Who Turn a Blind Eye to Criminal Activity?

  • From: Mike Lewinski
  • Date: Mon Oct 15 12:12:37 2007

Florian Weimer wrote:

Part of the reason why this discussion is somewhat heated is that
there's zero incentive in most markets to deal with customer
compromises.

We have observed that compromised hosts on our network have a very good chance of becoming the targets of DDoS attacks. So my staff is trained to treat each abuse report as a potentially compromised computer "crying out for help" and we've been through enough multi-gigabit DDoS to know what the real pain factor is, and hence don't let them fester.