Re: How to Handle ISPs Who Turn a Blind Eye to Criminal Activity?

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Fri Oct 12 18:08:58 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
Gadi,

Gadi Evron wrote:

The time soon approaches when we need to clean house if we are to "clean
the net". I suppose we may as well start with the lower-hanging fruit
because the very idea of cleaning the net is propostrous.

There is no reason to gun for businesses, but if the businesses are in
fact criminal (which is surprisingly easily defined, think RBN), and
cause that much trouble, we can gun for them and feel good about it, too.

Advocating vigilantism is simply not a very wise position to take.

Taking the the power to determine what is and is not criminal onto
yourself is in fact illegal in most places.

I quite agree!