Re: How Not to Multihome

  • From: Andy Davidson
  • Date: Tue Oct 09 13:55:36 2007

On 9 Oct 2007, at 18:48, Leo Vegoda wrote:

On 9 Oct 2007, at 17:47, Andy Davidson wrote:
However, if a different third-party network then sweeps up their routing table by looking to remove more specifics that seem 'spoofed' using IRR data, the routes you intend to push onto the internet may well start to disappear from their perspective.
I don't think this should be possible if the database implements RPSS (RFC 2725) properly. I believe that it should only be possible to create a more specific route object with the agreement using whatever PGP/X.509 security you like if you have used mnt-lower and mnt-routes attributes as appropriate.

mnt-lower works, but only if I know someone else wants to originate a more specific. Routing in general doesn't care - this was the case I was making - hope I didn't cause confusion.

Andy