Re: Upstreams blocking /24s? (was Re: How Not to Multihome)

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Mon Oct 08 20:58:15 2007

--- [email protected] wrote:
On Oct 8, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:

> However, if it's less than a /24 it won't get very far as most
> upstreams block prefixes longer than a /24.

I'm curious: a couple of people have indicated they do not believe
this to be the case. Anybody have any hard data on what filters are
actually in use today?

I found two current policies.  Other companies made it too hard to find...

Sprint:
#  Customers may announce routes as small as /26 for ARIN IP address blocks obtained through Sprint. Customers may announce routes as small as /28 for RIPE and APNIC address blocks obtained through Sprint.

# Peer block announcements and customer announcements for blocks obtained from other providers are limited to a /24 or smaller mask (/23, /22 etc.).

AT&T:
* not accept Customer route announcements smaller than a /24 network

scott