Re: How Not to Multihome

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Mon Oct 08 17:53:02 2007

--- [email protected] wrote:

I have a client that wants us to advertise an IP block assigned by another
ISP.  I know that the best practice is to have them request an AS number
from ARIN and peer with us, etc.  However, I cannot find any information
that states as law.  Does anyone know of a document or RFC that states
this?

There is no law.  ;)  Also, you can advertise the other provider's block given to your prospective customer as long as you work with that provider on how to do it.  However, if it's less than a /24 it won't get very far as most upstreams block prefixes longer than a /24.

scott