Re: Why do some ISP's have bandwidth quotas?

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Mon Oct 08 12:25:10 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Andy Johnson wrote:

In my experience, the support cost of DSL is significantly cheaper than
dial-up in terms of helpdesk calls. DSL/Cable/FiOS is typically a plug and
play, where as dialup can be quite a bit more troublesome, involving more
tech time in the long run.

I occasionally see providers offering pay-per-incident tech support,
particularly for their lower-priced service offerings, as a way to offset the higher support costs as a percentage of overall revenue from those users. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it is out there.

jms