Re: Access to the IPv4 net for IPv6-only systems, was: Re: WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Fri Oct 05 12:56:11 2007

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:42:05 +0200, Mohacsi Janos said:
> Except if you are using privacy enhanced ipv6 addresses a la RFC 3041

Which is more likely:

1) The RIAA successfully lobbies for a network that basically prohibits rfc3041.

2) The consumers successfully lobby for a network that permits/requires rfc3041.

(My point was that at least in the US, the "consumer is king" mantra has been
a crock for several years - witness the incredible range and speeds of our
broadband choices, the whole "net neutrality" thing.  If forced into a choice
between what the RIAA wants and what consumers want, I think we know what
most last-mile providers are going to do.....)