Re: WG Action: Conclusion of IP Version 6 (ipv6)

  • From: Ted Hardie
  • Date: Wed Oct 03 00:56:48 2007

At 7:01 PM -0700 10/2/07, David Conrad wrote:
>For the tiny subset that actually want to provide services, uniqueness is generally a pre-requisite, but what percentage of the IPv4 address space is used to provide services?

You mean like the p2p "services" which are such a large percentage of bulk traffic?
Or the udp media stream "service" I provide for video chats with Gabriel's nana
and uncles?  I personally think of them as applications, but if you want to see
them as service, fine by me.

Uniqueness is a mighty handy property, as anyone trying to implement ICE
to get SIP working across NATs will gladly tell you.

				Ted