Rudimentary IPv6 Progress Report Page

  • From: Mike Leber
  • Date: Tue Oct 02 17:58:17 2007

I've been messing around with parsing MRT format IPv6 BGP tables and saw
Randy's posts about deployment progress (or lack thereof), so I threw
together this site:

http://bgp.he.net/ipv6-progress-report.cgi

It gives a rough estimate of the percentage of:

* Networks that run IPv6 (currently 3%).

* IPv6 reverse DNS servers that are reachable via IPv6 (currently 31.6%,
believe it or not, most are only reachable via IPv4).  If you have IPv6
reverse DNS servers, do they have an AAAA record for themselves?

* ISPs on the ipv6tf.org ISP list with IPv6 websites (currently 32.2%).
(I'll be the first to admit that Hurricane has a bunch of sites that need
to be fixed to work with IPv6, we just added an AAAA record for bgp.he.net
before posting this.)

* Alexa 500 websites that are IPv6 enabled (currently 0%).

The site is a work in progress.  Feel free to send me suggestions.

Mike.

| Mike Leber         Wholesale IPv4 and IPv6 Transit       510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric     Web Hosting  Colocation                 AS6939 |
| [email protected]                                           http://he.net |