Re: Creating demand for IPv6

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Tue Oct 02 16:56:13 2007

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

I don't know the status of the v6 initial assignment fee; I think that the v6 initial allocation fee was waived at one point. If they're not waived now, that'd be a one-time cost of $1250.

I'm pretty sure it's still being waived (at least for ISP/LIRs). I just applied for and received Atlantic.net's v6 /32 without paying any fees in advance. IIRC, with IPv4 initial allocations, you have to pay in advance.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |