RE: Creating demand for IPv6

  • From: michael.dillon
  • Date: Tue Oct 02 09:26:17 2007

> like 'got IPv6' or "I've got ultra high tech IPv6 for my
> internet and you don't" with a web url like www.getipv6.com
> (oops, some domain squatter already registered it).

http://www.getipv6.info could put that on the main page if enough people
demand it.

> 	For the most part the ISP and provider community is not
> going to put resources into IPv6 unless there is a market
> demand for IPv6.

And unless there are IPv6-knowledgeable people to hire, or already on
staff.

Someday IPv6 will be a routine part of training and education programs
like CCIE. But right now it would be nice if more people would submit
info for the
http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Educating_Yourself_about_IPv6 page.
Right now it points to several ways of building a home IPv6 lab network
using virtual machines, a couple of papers/presentations, one free book
and some other miscellanous bits.

Any other ISP-oriented material on IPv6 and its deployment would be
welcome.

--Michael Dillon