RE: windows update cache

  • From: Joe Johnson
  • Date: Fri Sep 28 16:07:31 2007

Why is it crap? It works on TCP/IP, provides an exact local copy of the
updates without risking MS changing the content of a file without
changing the name, and provides a reporting tool to check update status
on client machines (can anyone say "stop to botnet"?). Even without the
reporting features, you can provide full Microsoft Update to people who
only would normally check Windows Update using WSUS, so you can also
make sure they patch other vulnerable programs.

-joe

Joseph A. Johnson, MCSE, MCP, A+
Chief Technology Officer
Riverside Consulting Group, Ltd.