Re: Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an operator (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)

  • From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
  • Date: Mon Sep 24 07:04:36 2007
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nowsp; d=consulintel.es; s=MDaemon; t=1190630339; x=1191235139; [email protected]; q=dns; h=DomainKey-Signature:Received:User-Agent:Date:Subject:From:To: Message-ID:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:In-Reply-To:Mime-version: Content-type:Content-transfer-encoding:Reply-To; b=AAaq2g/fymuINm GltLH5LthP+mPtIHka5E6Kns6uJ8sOdtEQWWgaMMVp5Hxx38MEHg72Imdo2n336J OjQtltNTJrFe3BxOvTUbfD+Y59YThi1oZ/fk3vZ2KsbxQ8xYAjQnGRwn2zYN9w1j I/QjXyFNGCn+X/OgQTGa8R4M2EDB4=

Unfortunately, Juniper doesn't support 6to4, only in Netscreen boxes. This
is ridiculous and I already asked Juniper several times about this ..., but
never got a positive feedback about when it will be supported.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: <[email protected]>
> Responder a: <[email protected]>
> Fecha: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:54:11 +0100
> Para: <[email protected]>
> Conversación: Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an
> operator (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)
> Asunto: RE: Going dual-stack, how do apps behave and what to do as an operator
> (Was: Apple Airport Extreme IPv6 problems?)

>>> How?
>>
>> This is reasonably well documented for a Cisco but here's a
>> minimal sample
>> config:
>
> Thanks. I used your info, and other sources, to put up a page at
> http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/First_Steps_for_ISPs which describes
> how to set up 6to4 relay on Cisco, where to get Teredo relay software
> that you can run, and where to get tunnel broker software.
>
> There are a couple of gaps. I can find no info on how to set up 6to4
> relay services on Juniper routers. Does JUNOS support this at all? If
> you know, go to the above page, click on Juniper, and tell us what needs
> to be done. In addition, CSELT in Italy distributed an IPv6 tunnel
> broker package at one time. I cannot find this anywhere. If you know
> where this software can be acquired or if you know of better IPv6 tunnel
> broker software, add it to the above page.
>
> I now know why people are so quick to give advice on what to do without
> explaining how to do it. It just is not easy to find out how to setup
> 6to4 relay services, Teredo relay services and IPv6 tunnel broker
> services. No doubt you can hire a consultant to do this for you, but if
> we want to get significant deployment we cannot rely on consultants who
> keep their toolkits secret.
>
> --Michael Dillon

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !