RE: Bee attack, fiber cut, 7-hour outage

  • From: Frank Bulk
  • Date: Fri Sep 21 22:09:40 2007

There's a difference between folding a ring or pushing out a spoke to feed a
few customers and providing connectivity to a town.

I think building a SONET ring, or any kind of redundancy, has more to do
with a rural telco's commitment to it's customers than the bottom line.
Remember, the building of plant contributes to the cost study, so it may end
up having zero cost in the end.

Frank