Re: Question on Loosely Synchronized Router Clocks

  • From: James R. Cutler
  • Date: Thu Sep 20 15:27:14 2007

Kerberos does not assume clock synchronization.
Kerberos requires reasonable clock synchronization.
And, as near as I can tell, clock synchronization is not part of the Kerberos protocol.

Kick me if I err in this.

        Cutler

At 9/19/2007 08:14 AM -0400, Jeff McAdams wrote:
Stephen Sprunk wrote:
>> ... is it reasonable to assume clock synchronization in the rest
>> of our design?

> In general, it is not.  I can't think of any existing protocol that
> does, actually.

Kerberos.
--
Jeff McAdams
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-
James R. Cutler
[email protected]