RH0 and Enterprise Input

  • From: Azinger, Marla
  • Date: Thu Sep 20 00:48:11 2007

	Nanogers- Specifically Enterprise nogers. Not sure if you are aware of this IETF draft on RH0. Its in last call. So if you want to voice your opinion on whether you feel everyone should stop the traffic

	"that has RH0 headers"

	from moving on or just ignore it and let it on by, you will need to make your voice heard now. For the most part everyone is ok with this draft because it doesnt effect them and it helps address a security issue. I havnt heard a large voice from the Enterprise arena who might actually need the traffic to be passed on and not stopped.  Thus, my posting this on nanog.       -Cheers!  Marla

Official last call notice:

> The IESG has received a request from the IP Version 6 Working Group WG
> (ipv6) to consider the following document:
>
> - 'Deprecation of Type 0 Routing Headers in IPv6 '
>    <draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> [email protected] mailing lists by 2007-09-24. Exceptionally,
> comments may be sent to [email protected] instead. In either case, please
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-rh0-01.txt

AD's follow-up: