Re: Standard prefix length filtering

  • From: Andy Davidson
  • Date: Wed Sep 19 04:10:17 2007

On 19 Sep 2007, at 06:22, chk 543 wrote:

Is there a standard prefix length most providers filter on, or is there a way to find out what each provider filters on? We have been assigned a /22 and are wondering if we will have any issues with this block.

There are no hard and fast rules, but a general rule is the more you de-aggregate the more problems you are going to have, so unless you have a very good reason not to, announce the /22 and nothing longer.

Best wishes,
Andy Davidson.