Re: Anyone using uvlan out there?

  • From: Tim Franklin
  • Date: Fri Sep 14 10:29:50 2007

On Fri, September 14, 2007 4:03 am, Matt Palmer wrote:
> XBox games don't work over a routed network?  Please tell me that XBox
> Live isn't just a giant uvlan install.

XBox Live is regular, routed IP, that doesn't even need to much work to
function from the wrong side of EvilConsumerBroadbandNAT.

I guess the point was talking about original non-360 Xbox games, some of
which supported 'LAN play' by hooking a lot of consoles together on the
same local network.  I have no idea what was sitting in the Ethernet
frames that wasn't routable.

Cheers,
Tim.