Re: Good Stuff [was] Re: shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know where it went?

  • From: Donald Stahl
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 16:02:55 2007

Then again, sometimes it requires a whole lot more dedication. In our case the racks we inherited were installed wrong (no space between them for vertical cable management). Getting our cabling organized meant welding our own cable management brackets that we could bolt onto the front of the racks.

Nothing like some good old fashioned arc welding next to your $100k router. Wonder how you explain the scorch marks on the mounting bracket to support for an RMA
Please read what I wrote:

"brackets that we could _BOLT_ onto the front of the racks"

No where, in any way shape or form, did I say or imply, that we were welding above, below, next to, or anywhere near our routers. I said we welded up cable management brackets that we then bolted on to our racks.

-Don