Re: Good Stuff [was] Re: shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know where it went?

  • From: Ross Vandegrift
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 15:02:11 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 08:36:45AM -0400, Joe Abley wrote:
> This (the general subject of how to keep real-world cabinets tidy and
> do cabling in a sane way) seems like an excellent topic for a NANOG
> tutorial. I'd come, for sure :-)

This is a topic that I am quite interested in.  I have no telco
background, but got started in a shop on par with many of these
photos.  Around my current job, I'm the guy who is known for
whining about crappy cabling jobs.

Does anyone know if any good resources on best-practices at this sort
of thing?  I'm pretty sure that others must've already figured out the
trickier stuff that I've thought about.

For example - some of the posted pictures show the use of fiber ducts
lifted above cable ladders.  Why opt for such a two-level design
instead of bundling fibers in flex-conduit and running the conduits
adjacent on the ladder?

--
Ross Vandegrift
[email protected]