Re: Good Stuff [was] Re: shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know where it went?

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 15:24:17 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Scott Weeks wrote:

It was brought to my attention that some of the folks here may not have ever seen good wiring, so I snapped a few photos of good wiring here and wrote a quickie web page for the photos. I couldn't get pictures of Ethernet wiring, but it's the same. Except the last photo, it's all wax string done very neatly. This is the goal. ;-)

Nice - they even wrapped the fiber to keep the wax twine from pinching it.

Some of the telcos around here do (or did) very clean wiring jobs like this. The AT&T Local (TCG from way back in the day) guys who put the OC48 bay and related breakouts for T1s and DS3s did very neat wiring.

Some of the local old-school Bell Atlantic/Verizon techs also did very clean work, but most of them took the early retirement packages that were offered 4-5 years ago.

jms