Re: Route table growth and hardware limits...talk to the filter

  • From: Forrest
  • Date: Sun Sep 09 15:13:40 2007

Could a partial solution to this problem be something as simple as the
routing vendors implementing something that by default analyzes the
routes that you're announcing to your neighbors and automatically flags
the more specifics that are covered by an identical larger aggregate with
no-export?  Rather than relying on the announcing network to make an
effort to use no-export, make it a default that can be turned off if the
need arises.

If the cause of alot of this garbage is indeed caused by cluelessness or
apathy, it seems like this would help.  If people are too lazy or lacking
the knowledge to fix what they're announcing, they're likely too lazy or
lacking the knowledge to disable a default setting that flags extra
unnecessary routes with no-export.

Forrest