Re: Route table growth and hardware limits...talk to the filter

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Sun Sep 09 09:43:02 2007
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=TElMhdGtnwyrUkRQm3PCBT44Gf+6Y1N0GRAZMK7+9Bc=; b=HZJ2EB+6jUgL/Uzz81RtzJrbqwbgzGiL31Lc8xkB7IlJSdQHPqwF4mV6l5VIRoFXx9Naqe4vDf0NbUxtMQdjrGal2XUmVZfkFTjH9d9UHKTjOH0HdwRzwhlDOUbijPJ+oUxS/eK9UUcXucNrQKbdX+XN69PmOjIi9YckWx+gSrM=

Randy Bush wrote:
note thatv my original proposal/case some years back allowed a number of
flavors of phylter, longer+same-next-hop, longer+same-as-path,
longer+same_origin-as.

I vaguely remember it. Point to the draft for us again, please?

Does anybody implement anything like this? Time to name vendor names!

===

And to Tony Li, I've never been concerned about the odd case where the
longer prefix is still announced, but the covering shorter prefix is
withdrawn.  Whenever I've setup the router, they are both in the same
configuration.  Time for the whole Internet to stop paying the price for
the poor configuration practices of the few.