Re: shameful-cabling gallery of infamy - does anybody know where it went?

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Thu Sep 06 13:55:49 2007

Note that telcos are not immune to shoddy cabling/installation work.

The link below is from a dial/T1 POP at I place I worked in several years ago.

In case the detail is hard to make out, the paper sign taped to the ladder says "DO NOT MOVE LADDER".

The background is that Bell Atlantic mounted a T1 smartjack cage to the wall using undersized drywall screws. The cage eventually pulled out of the wall and came crashing to the floor, at which point some of the T1s in this location went down. We called Bell. They tested. They dispatched.
This was their solution.

Final note: the ladder wasn't theirs :)

http://www.cluebyfour.org/~streiner/mbr-pop-2000-ladder.JPG

jms