Re: Congestion control train-wreck workshop at Stanford: Call for Demos

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Wed Sep 05 14:16:32 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Fred Baker wrote:

capacity. My ISP in front of my home does that; they configure my cable modem to shape my traffic up and down to not exceed certain rates, and lo and

Well, in case you're being DDoS:ed at 1 gigabit/s, you'll use more resources in the backbone than most, by some definition of "you".

So my take is that this is impossible to solve in the core because routers can't keep track of individual conversations and act on them, doing so would increase cost and complexity enormously.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]