Re: [funsec] The "Great IPv6 experiment" (fwd)

  • From: Jeroen Massar
  • Date: Wed Sep 05 05:16:25 2007

Stephen Sprunk wrote:
[..]
> P.S.  I'm writing this from behind a monopoly ISP who deliberately
> blocks all proto 41 traffic, and thus 6to4, so I have no idea what
> content, if any, the Experiment is actually providing...  Anyone want to
> give me a Teredo relay for "research" purposes?  :)

As the site (http://www.ipv6porn.com) states:

8<----------------------------------
If you're here for the free content, it's not here! We're not ready for
the world to know about this experiment yet, so don't go submitting this
to Slashdot or Digg until the actual site is up.
---------------------------------->8

And also:
8<----------------------------------
When will all this start?

We anticipate beginning this experiment in the May-June timeframe.
---------------------------------->8
But it is September and not there yet, at least I didn't see the page
updated nor any extra traffic.

It would be great if this one: http://www.sixxs.net/misc/traffic/ would
shoot over the 100mbit for prolonged periods of time. and that the one
at AMS-IX: http://www.ams-ix.net/technical/stats/sflow_stats.html
actually had a 1.0% or so share of IPv6 traffic....

As for your proto-41 problem, just go to http://www.sixxs.net and
(ab)use AICCU which supports AYIYA, which is a dynamic-IP able protocol
sending it's packets over UDP. I hope to be releasing the DNS aware
version somewhere in October and then there will be really no more
blocking possible even in freaky hotels ;)

There are a few PoPs in the US already, though mostly on the east coast,
if anyone can sponsor up a PoP in the west coast or for that matter
actually any other region, that would be great in helping getting IPv6
deployment further. The bigger experiment is actually proving to
yourself that your infrastructure is IPv6 capable and that you have the
possibility to provide IPv6 to your own customers who might want it.
Ping me directly for more info or just check the site.

Greets,
 Jeroen