Re: Congestion control train-wreck workshop at Stanford: Call forDemos

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Tue Sep 04 11:15:33 2007

And given that it is travelling between users who may or may not have trust established between them and intermediate systems which may or may not have trust established with each other or the endpoints, we got ourselves a bit of a pickle here.  And trust is far bigger than trust in a security sense (where the only presently massively adopted working model is end-to-end with any intermediate systems being completely oblivious -- unless markings for example are exposed on the wrapper..)

Sensible it is only within a single administrative control domain, as cross domain isn't just a technical but a business challenge (economic and political).

What would an evo of TCP solve over, say, DCCP?  Or just using straight unadulterated UDP?

Without meaning to offend anyone, sure does smell a bit like Ph.D. thesis generator mode to me.

Best Regards,
Christian

--
Sent from my BlackBerry.