question on algorithm for radius based accouting

  • From: Joe Shen
  • Date: Fri Aug 17 00:36:07 2007

hi,

   I 'google'  algorithm for radius based accounting.
but can't find anything.

  My question is:  what's the best algorithm for
constrcting  broadband access record from radius
accouting packets?

  To my knowledge, some system takes:

   Record Accouting-on packet arriving time ->
    record Accouting-Off packet's Acct-Session-Time
and Acct-Delay-Time  ->

    The Log-off time is calculated as:

       Accouting-on time + ( Acct-Session-Time -
Acct_delay-Time)

  But, some other takes :

   Record Accouting-off arriving time -->

     record Accouting-Off packet's Acct-Session-Time
and Acct-Delay-Time     -->

      Log-on time is calculated as:

Accouting-off arriving time - ( Acct-Session-Time -
Acct_delay-Time)

   Are the two methods have the same effect on
calculating result?  If radius packets were sent to
two accouting systems simulataneusly, while the two
system takes the different algorithm, will there be
any difference between the result of accouting ?

regards

Joe

Yahoo! Movies - Search movie info and celeb profiles and photos.
http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/