Re: Extreme congestion (was Re: inter-domain link recovery)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Aug 16 16:34:25 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, Randy Bush wrote:
Alexander Harrowell wrote:
Yeah, that's why I was limiting the need (requirement) to only 1-few
ASN hops upstream.  I view this as similar to some backbones offering
a special blackhole everything BGP community that usually is not
transitive. This is the Oh Crap, Don't Blackhole Everything but Slow
Stuff Down BGP community.
and the two hops upstream but not the source router spools the packets
to the hard drive?
Ideally you'd want to influence the endpoint protocol stack, right?

ECN

sally floyd ain't stoopid

ECN doesn't affect the initial SYN packets.

I agree, sally floyd ain't stoopid.