Re: Extreme congestion (was Re: inter-domain link recovery)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Aug 16 14:29:43 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Randy Bush wrote:
So that's why I keep returning to the need to pushback traffic a couple
of ASNs back.  If its going to get dropped anyway, drop it sooner.

ECN

Oh goody, the whole RED, BLUE, WRED, AQM, etc menagerie.

Connections already in progress (i.e. the ones with ECN) we want to keep working and finish. We don't want those connections to abort in the middle, and then add to the congestion when they retry.

The phrase everyone is trying to avoid saying is "Admission Control." The Internet doesn't do admission control well (or even badly).