Do I or RR need dns clue?

  • From: Tuc at T-B-O-H
  • Date: Thu Aug 16 11:06:48 2007

Hi,

Mail to RR users is getting refused due to PTR issues. I contacted
RR and explained that yea, one of our 2 DNS servers for the
IN-ADDR.ARPA is down, but the other is fine.  They said that
I should either get the DNS server back up (Which of course
is already being worked on, was the minute it went down)
or delete it from ARIN IN-ADDR.ARPA records.

Isn't the whole point of multiple DNS servers that if one is down
the other can still answer queries? Or am I missing something
here???

     Thanks, Tuc/TBOH