Re: inter-domain link recovery

  • From: Valdis . Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Aug 15 11:16:02 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:15:01 BST, [email protected] said:

> telecom hotel/data centre. In the exchange point, you could
> theoretically have special "INSURANCE" peering agreements where you
> don't exchange traffic until there is an emergency, and then you can
> quickly turn it on, perhaps using an automated tool.

And then there's the fun of doing actual live fall-over testing to make
sure it works as intended. (I wonder how many people who multi-home for
outage survival actually *test* their multi on a reasonably regular basis?)

And as Michael noted, this only works in a telcom hotel, where you don't
have to pay for dark fiber from your site to the connection point...