Re: Network Inventory Tool

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Aug 14 10:58:05 2007

On 13-Aug-2007, at 23:31, Wguisa71 wrote:

Does anyone known some tool for network documentation with:

- inventory (cards, serial numbers, manufactor...)
- documentation (configurations, software version control, etc)
- topology building (L2, L3.. connections, layer control, ...)

All-in-one solution and It don't need to be free. I'm just looking
for some thing to control the equipments we have like routers
from some sort of suppliers, etc...

If you don't succeed in finding an all-in-one, vendor-neutral solution which does precisely what you want straight out of the box (and don't feel bad if so, since many have failed before you) there are some clues for rolling your own here:

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0210/ppt/stephen.pdf

Joe