Re: Domain tasting; a load of hot air?

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Tue Aug 14 10:15:01 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 8:56 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:

I'd suggest:
  1) one week latency between registration and entry into the
TLD nameservers.
  2) 50% (of 1-year registration fee) 'penalty' for
cancelling the registration
     before it hits the TLD servers.
  3) $250 'surcharge' (to registrant) for 'immediate'
_irrevocable_ recording
     in the TLD nameservers,  25% of that surcharge to be
retained by the
     registrar, 25% to the registry operator, and 50% to IANA.

Can I assume that you, and all the other people commenting on domain
tasting have filed official comments with ICANN as requested at this web
page? http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-10aug07.htm

No, but that is an excellent reminder for which I thank you. Note

To be considered by the group, information should be submitted no later than 15 September 2007 to [email protected] Comments may be viewed at http://forum.icann.org/lists/rfi-domaintasting/.

Or is this just a load of hot air as usual?

Democracy, you either use it or lose it!

--Michael Dillon

Regards
Marshall