Re: [policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

  • From: Tim Franklin
  • Date: Tue Aug 14 07:31:44 2007

On Tue, August 14, 2007 1:48 am, Douglas Otis wrote:

> For domains to play any role in securing email, a published MX record
> should become a necessary acceptance requirement.  Using MX records
> also consolidates policy locales which mitigates some DDoS concerns.

What if there's no intention to use the domain for email?

I've become annoyed enough in the other direction, owning domains *only*
used for email and dealing with irate people insisting I'm
domain-squatting and must sell them the domain cheaply right now because
there's no A record for www.what.ever.

Functioning, correct and coherent DNS prior to registration, now that I
support whole-heartedly.

Regards,
Tim.