Re: [policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

  • From: Dorn Hetzel
  • Date: Mon Aug 13 18:49:38 2007

Yes, if grandma ordered a sign printed one way, and proofread it, and agreed to pay for it, and the printer printed it, then the printer is normally going to want money to make another different sign.  If grandma, or anyone else, orders a domain, and confirms that's the domain they want, and get's it activated, then they should pay at least the first years fee, no matter what...

On 8/13/07, Carl Karsten <[email protected]> wrote:

> The real way to get rid of tasting would be to persuade Google and
> Yahoo/Overture to stop paying for clicks on pages with no content
> other than ads, but that would be far too reasonable.

I don't see a practical way to enforce it.

I believe the Net is an unstable system that will eventually be rendered useless
by spam/etc.  It is a cheap unlimited resource - you pay for your connection,
and you get access to things you are in no way paying for.  I don't see a way to
fix it.

Carl K