Re: [policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

  • From: Chris L. Morrow
  • Date: Mon Aug 13 16:53:52 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Do people really not plan that far ahead, that they need brand new domain
> names to be active (not just reserved) within seconds?

I'm really not sure, but I can imagine a slew of issues where 'marketting'
doesn't plan properly and corp-ID/corp-branding end up trying to register
and make-live a domain at the 11th hour... This also seems like the
quick/easy fix. I'm not against any particular fix, but people need to
understand (and Sean you probably do, as does Doug I suspect) what the
implications of these design changes are and who'd be affected.

-Chris