Re: [policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

  • From: Brandon Butterworth
  • Date: Mon Aug 13 16:36:07 2007

> but today that provision is: If you buy a domain you have 5 days to
> 'return' it. The reason behind the return could be: "oops, I typo'd"

Fine, I don't recall that being the case previously so somone thought
to introduce it

> "hurray, please refund me for the 1M domains I bought 4.99 days ago!". The
> 'protect the consumer' problem is what's enabling tasting.

but it's not rocket science to see this simple abuse nor to stop it
"one mistake, fine. N mistakes? better take more care, sorry"

Sounds like poor management, they can easily redeem the situation
by changing the rules again.

Why haven't they? This is now sounding like willful negligence

brandon