Re: [policy] When Tech Meets Policy...

  • From: Carl Karsten
  • Date: Mon Aug 13 14:34:13 2007

The real way to get rid of tasting would be to persuade Google and Yahoo/Overture to stop paying for clicks on pages with no content other than ads, but that would be far too reasonable.

I don't see a practical way to enforce it.

I believe the Net is an unstable system that will eventually be rendered useless by spam/etc. It is a cheap unlimited resource - you pay for your connection, and you get access to things you are in no way paying for. I don't see a way to fix it.

Carl K